Missionary Journal April 8th, 1970

                                                               









Missionary Journal, April 8, 1970

Easter Sunday, March 29th, was a good day.  The morning began with a stake missionary meeting.  Brother L. was set apart as the DL(District Leader). Elder G. introduced the missionary correlation program (for friend shipping).  J. L. and I went to Poulsbo.  We attended all of our meetings there.  J. enjoyed being a missionary!  The Lincoln Grange was full.  It was a fast and testimony Sunday also. There were many beautiful testimonies borne.  I too stood and bore my testimony.  Brother S. gave a powerful testimony.  He is a dark-skinned Samoan.  Brother S. is an impressive man to behold. He is tall and large in build, about 50 years in age.  When he spoke, the hall literally rang with his voice. He is a simple man, of simple faith, but his faith is as strong, yes even stronger than his appearance.  Brother S. is a Lamanite; he is grateful for his heritage, his Priesthood.  This day he told a story: each week he goes to Tacoma to work out at the YMCA.  Each week he parks his car in front of the Salvation Army office.  He stops in the Salvation Army office and puts a quarter in the box.  It makes him feel good.  When he seems someone in the Salvation .Army chow line, he can say to himself: “That’s my quarter!” In the office there is a large strong Negro fellow who sits behind the desk.  This black knows Brother S. is a Mormon and says to him every week, “How is your prophet Brigham Young?”  Whereupon Brother S. answers, “He’s at peace in Paradise.” .....

April 18, 1970

After Sacrament meeting J. and I visited with Sister M.  She was happy to see us.  J. told her about himself. We also spoke to a friend of Sister M’s, L.  Mrs. M’s youthful happiness is quite an inspiration to all that know her.  J. was impressed.

Elder C. and I ate dinner with the H.’s  We enjoyed the dinner. It was a short stay—Elder C. had to show a movie.  We went to H’s and discovered only one of us was needed.  Brother H. and I worked my afternoon plan.  Early in the evening Elder C. called us.   He wanted to color Easter eggs instead of work.  (furthermore, the film had fallen through and he’d goofed off all afternoon.)  I let him remain with the H.’s.  I worked in the evening, until 8:00, with Brother H.  We had a good time knocking on doors and visiting people.  Brother H. knows a lot about the gospel, he loves missionary work.

At 8:00 I went home.  The T’s were having Family Home Evening.  We listened to one of the “follow up” records.  B., G’s fiancé, enjoyed both sides.  I gave her a Book of Mormon.

The next morning G. and I began to run at 6:00 A.M. We enjoyed this.  It also gave us a chance to talk about the gospel and B.  Over the next three weeks B. became active in Relief Society, read the Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price.  Around April 9th she requested the missionary discussions.  It is like converting 2 people! Now G. and B are active.

* Card below found in Bill's Scriptures:









Comments

  1. Push the READ MORE to see the whole picture of Christ on Easter Morning. I did not submit the photo the way Google choose to portray it on the top of the page. so sorry....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Missionary Journal March 21, 1970

Missionary Journal 1970